Denae's Reviews > Noah Zarc: Mammoth Trouble

Noah Zarc by D. Robert Pease

Aug 01, 12

bookshelves: 1st-person-narrative, sci-fi
Read in August, 2012

I wasn't sure what to expect with this one. I was afraid the book would make fun of the Bible and the true account of Noah's Arc. While this book did mention the original Noah, it was respectful and just referred to the story as a historical tale.

The main character, Noah Zarc, Jr., is a 12-year-old troublemaker and paraplegic. He's stubborn and has a big heart for any creature in danger. I loved him.

The time travel was very well done. Often a book with try to explain things away with time travel or something will occur that could be fixed by some time travel, or time traveling is just plain too easy, but not in DRP's book here. Time travel requires some fancy equipment (there are, like, half a dozen time-traveling ships, all owned by the Zarcs, 1 stolen, 1 crashed, 1 unfinished, and 1 too big for efficiency). Also, there are time-traveling consequences. Through part of the book I wondered if one or more of the adults was actually one of the children grown old and gone back in time, but the book didn't get quite that complicated.

Corrupt government, saving the animals and planet earth and the parents, discovering secrets about the characters, and cool new technology that allows Noah to interact with his hoverchair with his mind. Yes, please!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Noah Zarc.