Redfox5's Reviews > The Awakening

The Awakening by L.J. Smith

Aug 02, 12

bookshelves: fiction, romance, teens, vampires, usa
Read on August 01, 2012

Journal Entry 2 by redfox5 at Camberley, Surrey United Kingdom on Thursday, August 02, 2012

So I'm pretty easy to please bookwise, which is why I didn't mind this. But it has problems. Firstly, the main character is the popular girl. Nobody likes the popular girl! They tend to be bitches, it's hard to get behind a character when she's basically like the girl who was mean to you at school. And Elena is kinda mean and selfish. Dumping her boyfriend and then getting him to help her date Stefan. And the idiot agrees because he's sooo in love with her, he'd do anything. Her arrogance was astounding. How dare Stefan not look at her, doesn't he know who she is!? I liked Stefan, it's just a shame he likes her. It would have been so much better if he'd fallen for one of her friends. I hope the dynamic changes now Damon has been introduced. I have a feeling it's just going to be the boys fighting over her though. Not even had any good vampire bits yet. I've got a box set of this so I'm going to carry on with it.
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Awakening.

08/01/2012 page 130