Jackie's Reviews > Grace Doll

Grace Doll by Jennifer Laurens

Aug 02, 12

Read from August 01 to 02, 2012

I've read all of Jennifer Laurens books and I couldn't wait to read this one. It did not disappoint. Beautiful cover, story, the little special extras inside and I loved the creative and amazing ending.

This is a beautiful book and I fell in love with this story. Grace Doll is young, beautiful and kept like a doll in a beautiful house that holds her prisoner to a life that isn't really a life. She's a 1940s famous actress who doesn't age thanks to her husband and a doctors experiment. In a way she is free but still very much a prisoner because she can't trust anyone and she can't live her life to the fullest. Her husband Ruffus took it all from her before her friends helped her fake her death.

Grace escapes with the help of her friends but she's still not fully free. She won't until she faces her past and puts it all behind her. Brenden is the son of her friend who shows up after his father's death with something important his father kept safe for Grace for very many years.

Brenden is angry at his father and at those who knew him better than he. He has his own issues to deal with, along with finding out the truth about Grace Doll and Katherine, the young woman he meets. He's angry at a lot of people but feels protective of Katherine.

I highly recommend this book to anyone. Grace is old Hollywood, beautiful, suffisticated and glamorous. Can't wait for whatever Jennifer Laurens comes up with next.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Grace Doll.