Kathleen's Reviews > On Demon Wings

On Demon Wings by Karina Halle

Aug 02, 12

Read from August 01 to 02, 2012

ok.. so far I have loved this series. I liked this book, sure, but it was definitely my least favorite in the series.

Why?

This one has some very heavy situations involved, one that I feel could potentially move this book from a YA category to an adult category. The book is heavy and I mean heavy from the get go. Don't get me wrong, after the conclusion of book four, it was needed but it was done in a way that I almost felt frustrated throughout most of the book.

First off : Dex wasn't present until I was over 70% through the book. He's my favorite character so naturally, point deduction. This is not a shot though because that's just me being an ass. Perry is the main character and whether she's my favorite character or not, this book is about her.

Secondly : this book has a major cliff hanger and I mean major. I'm not one for cliff hangers when the next book's not out, point deduction. Don't get me wrong, if I were an author, I'd do it too. It's good marketing after all.

Third : this book moves away from the series normal premise. It deals with demonic possession. It was done well and no, I didn't feel like I was watching the "Exorcist", but this idea was truly a little much for me.

Overall, I read this series for the characters I've grown to love, not so much for the paranormal side of it. Their normal interactions weren't present so much in this one which is why I probably didn't enjoy it as much. What I will say, is I'm sure this was all necessary to ensure that there is a breaking point in Perry's and Dex's relationship. Unfortunately we have to wait to find out just what that breaking point is.

3 stars...October get here fast.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read On Demon Wings.