Cheryl's Reviews > Thirteen

Thirteen by Kelley Armstrong

Aug 06, 2012

bookshelves: paranormal
Read from August 01 to 06, 2012

The last book in the Otherworld series... I almost want to give it five stars just to sum up the entire series. I love this series. I love almost all of the narrators (Eve was never a favorite) and most of the characters make an appearance in this book, as a swan song.

I think that and the fact that this book relies so heavily on the last are what made this a 4 star instead of a 5 star for me. There were so many characters that you don't really get to see most of them for more than a few pages. Paige, for instance, was relegated to just giving Savannah a hug. I also didn't reread Spell Bound before I read this, and I only had the plot as a fairly loose jumble in my head. I remembered the important point (Adam), but most of the politics and demonology were gone, amking Thirteen kind of a tangle of plot threads that I didn't remember.

(view spoiler)

The Elena short story at the end really wasn't a story so much as a fond farewell... I'm glad that KA is going to keep generating short stories and novellas in this world. I'm going to miss it terribly.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Thirteen.

Stacy Agree with the Karl assessment-- I actually wanted it to go the other way, from a dramatic standpoint. And yes, all the demon plots were crazy and convoluted and I was definitely wishing I'd retread Spellbound.