Jessica Adkins's Reviews > The Lure of Shapinsay

The Lure of Shapinsay by Krista Holle

Aug 03, 12

Amazing! I loved this book! I have always been interested in mermaids since I was a little girl, and I love all the myths about the siren call and how they were supposed to enchant human males. With this book it's not a mermaid but a selkie, and I liked it even more because it was a male who held the enchantment over the female!
I was completely mesmerized with this book as much as Kait was mesmerized with Eamon! The love that they had for each other was just incredible! At first Kait was happy as long as Eamon was at her side, and Eamon was happy just because he could so easily make Kait happy. But after a while this started to cause problems. Eamon started becoming sick and weak without the sea, but he refused to leave Kait's side, because she would literally go crazy! If he so much as left her for a few minutes she could feel herself start to slowly loose bits of her sanity! So of course they loved each other so deeply that the tables were turned to Kait wanting to make Eamon return to the sea and Eamon determined to stay at Kait's side. Like I said amazing! Absolutely beautiful! It was very touching how they were so willingly to sacrifice themselves as long as it kept the other healthy and happy!

Two quotes that I loved!

"Kait would soon learn that there was nothing I wouldn’t do for her. I had chosen a new loyalty and would mourn the sea." -Eamon

“I’d not have you kill yourself,” I shouted over the water. “Dying is not a gift!” -Kait

So you're probably wondering how in the world they can be together because they are the ultimate star crossed lovers? Well you'll just have to read it and find out for yourself, but I swear you will not be disappointed!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Lure of Shapinsay.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Chrystina (new)

Chrystina You forgot to give it a star rating :D

Jessica Adkins thanks Chrystina! what would do with out you?