Michelle's Reviews > Changed

Changed by Jennifer Snyder

Aug 02, 12

bookshelves: kindle, review-on-blog
Read in August, 2012

I said it before and I will say it again- I am really liking the idea and length of Duologies. I still love a good, long series but when there are just two books it sometimes make me feel like I am just reading one super long book. And I do love myself a super long book. I do think that I prefer to have both books available before I start reading the first one, bcause it is always better to read books back to back.
I enjoyed Changed a little more than I liked Marked. This story picks up where Markd left off- a few weeks before the full moon. I was really interested to see what was going to happen and to see what these secrets that Jace had up his sleeve where. I mean, didn't he already have enough secrets?
Tessa is understandably nervous, but I think she does a pretty good job of handling stuff. I was kind of bummed that her super tight friendship with her friend Rachel suffered in this book. I hate it when friends drift apart. I liked Jace a lot more in this book. Because his "act" was all behind him, he got to be much more himself and I found myself forgiving him just like Tessa did. I thought what happened during the first moon was pretty darn funny. That was a twist that I was not expecting to see and one that I really enjoyed.
I couldn't believe when I found out what Jace's big secret was. I was back to being mad at him! It just made him seem even more selfish and he didn't even seem concerned! I thought that was the craziest thing of all. No one seemed overly concerned. If it were me or someone in my life, I would be flipping out by what Tessa had to subject herself to!
Overall, everything works out and everyone gets their HEA. I liked it. I thought it was a cute story, but the ending did seem a little rushed. I think that this duology is perfect for people that like quick reads. If you want to be able to take a day or a few days and get to know some new character and see their story through from start to finish, then Marked and Changed are the books for you.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Changed.