Chris's Reviews > Point of No Return

Point of No Return by N.R. Walker

Aug 19, 12

bookshelves: 2012, romantic-suspense, gay, ebook
Read from August 18 to 19, 2012

Very good m/m romantic suspense about a closeted cop who's attracted to the new boxing coach at the gym, who turns out to be equally closeted. How handy! :) As they become closer, will they be able to survive the dangers involved in a cop's job? I'll definitely look for more from this author in the future.
10 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Point of No Return.

08/18/2012 "Why are dicks always so twitchy in m/m romance?" 22 comments

message 1: by Maygirl7 (new)

Maygirl7 No kidding! Any fluttering entrances/holes yet?

Chris No, fortunately! And actually, based on the quality of the writing, I'll be very surprised if there are any. :)

message 3: by Val (new)

Val Kovalin Chris, are there any scenes of real boxing or real training in the book? Emphasis on realism? (I hope so!)

Chris Not in any detail, Val, alas...

message 5: by Val (new)

Val Kovalin Oh, too bad. I guess that's hard to come by.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Val, have you read Counterpunch? Lots of realistic boxing and training scenes. It's dystopian slave fiction, so I don't know if it would appealnto you though.

message 7: by Val (new)

Val Kovalin Kate, yes, but thank you for the suggestion! I read it about a month ago, coming to it from Aleks's Dark Soul series. You're right -- the slave society part is not something I'd ordinarily seek out, but this book was so impressive. Very realistic boxing and training scenes!

I loved the part where hero thinks about what kind of courage the referee must have to be this little older man and have to wedge himself between two heavyweights on a regular basis through a fight. I've often thought about that same thing when I've watched boxing.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

I loved that book. The fight scenes felt so visceral. Like I was in Brook's body and feeling everything. I've always wondered about the bravery of refs. You see the same thing in fights on the football field. Here's these giant maen in pads whaling on each other and a little unprotected guy shoves in between them. Yikes!

message 9: by Val (new)

Val Kovalin The fight scenes were awesome! And, I know nothing about football, so I didn't know the refs have to deal with that there, too. Sounds even riskier than boxing!