Giselle at BO-OK NERD Canada's Reviews > 40 Things I Want to Tell You

40 Things I Want to Tell You by Alice Kuipers

Oct 22, 12

bookshelves: borrowed
Read from July 31 to August 01, 2012

I had this notion that "40 Things I Want To Tell You" was about a teenage overachiever who basically cheats on her boyfriend and she thinks her life is over. Well I was wrong because there was so much more to this book. Amy is your classic "do-gooder." She's also an honours student and is also dating her next-door neighbour and best friend Griffin. Things start to unravel in her life when gorgeous bad boy Pete walks into her history class and she starts to crush on him hard.

What I loved about this particular contemporary was that Amy doesn't understand what she's going through, yet she does everything in her power to fix it. She want to undo all the terrible things she has done. She's moral and has good intentions. I didn't like how much of a push-over she was. She needed to speak up for herself and stop trying to please everyone else. I think that was terribly difficult for Amy.

This is one contemporary read that I truly enjoy, and I'm even more proud to say the author is Canadian. Alice Kuipers has written such a realistic and touching story about a teenage girl who makes all the wrong mistakes, and has the strength to get herself out of it. Definitely a book that reminded me of my very own teen years. Great job Alice, I can't wait to read more of your novels.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read 40 Things I Want to Tell You.