Sally Siawidjaja's Reviews > Peter and the Shadow Thieves - Peter Pan dan Penguasa Bayangan

Peter and the Shadow Thieves - Peter Pan dan Penguasa Bayangan by Dave Barry

Nov 19, 2008

liked it
bookshelves: fantasy-adventure, terjemahan
Recommended to Sally by: Jeane Nanda
Recommended for: Anyone who like fantasy and Peter Pan
Read in January, 2009 , read count: 1

To make a great hero, first you need a greater villain and I think the villain in this second book, Lord Ombra is an excellent villain for Peter Pan. It makes the story much more exciting.

I know Hook was suppose to be Peter's mortal enemy, but since Hook didn't have the same advantage from Stardust power, I like Ombra better. Hook would have never got a chance in fighting Peter, the outcome would already be predictable.

Like the first book, Peter Pan and the shadow thieves gave some more background story to the original Peter Pan by JM Barie. Something surprising was there actually a connection between Peter pan and the Darlings family (I didn't expect this).

I also like the change of scenery from Mollusk Island/Neverland to the city of London. It brought a different challenge and new adventure than the first book. The adventure is also fast paced and full of surprises.

I also like this book better because it has Tinker Bell. She is one of my favorite character from Peter Pan. I found her jealousy and comment to Molly funny and adorable.

Since I already bought the first book in Indonesian language, then I'm stuck collecting this trilogy in the translated version (on account of I'm too cheapskate to buy both version). On this second book, I found the translation a bit off. Firstly 'Shadow Thieves' should have been translated as 'Pencuri Bayangan'. Secondly, different from the first book, the name of the Mollusk warriors such as 'Fighting Prawn' was translated to 'Udang Bertempur'. I really dislike this kind of translation. I think names should remain the same in any language. If you want to translate it to Indonesia language, at least do it properly, then it should be translated 'Udang Besar Bertempur'. Anyway, I still dislike any translation of name in any language, so I prefer the translation in the first book.

I gave 3 stars because it has good entertainment value but I'm not really a big fan of Peter Pan.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Peter and the Shadow Thieves - Peter Pan dan Penguasa Bayangan.