Louise's Reviews > Blood Kin

Blood Kin by M.J. Scott

Aug 05, 12

Read from August 01 to 04, 2012

Like the first book, I enjoyed the world and the intermingling of the Fae (even though I usually hate Fae stories!), werewolves (aka Beast-kind in this world), vampires, and humans. It was an entertaining read if I didn't think too hard about it. I liked Holly as a main character more than Lily in the first book. I have a soft spart for stealthy spies and thieves, I suppose.

Some parts that bothered me though, were how easily Guy's personality changed. In the first book, he was all righteous templar guy and in the second book, he pretty much turned into some smooth-talkin, alpha, horn-dog.

And what is it about strong women in these types of books who *still* need an alpha-male to bail them out of trouble? Come on, if you're going to write a kick-ass heroine, let her kick some ass and maybe bail out the men for a change.

I'll probably still read the third book in this series. My money's on the metal-mage.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blood Kin.

08/02/2012
12.0% "I love spy/thief protagonists even though I don't like playing them in video games. My stealth stat is very low."