Brittany B.'s Reviews > Dream Lake

Dream Lake by Lisa Kleypas

Nov 14, 2012

bookshelves: favorite-authors, coolest-cover, rom_contemp, rom_kleypas, not-for-me, disappointed, dnf, great-author-bad-book
Read from August 07 to November 14, 2012

for audio listeners This audio version of this book is so unabashedly awful, that I can no longer listen. The the narrator should be quartered... Ok at least he should be fired from future narration. And this should be immidiety rerecorded. His female voices are so unacceptable, as to make it a farce.
What on earth were you thinking LK? Do you not retain any power over your work?

I'me ordering this book in hard copy. And hope my audio-listening friends will join me, in expressing our dissatisfaction to Audible, to Kleypas, and to the recording company for one if the the worst narrations to one of the biggest releases of the year.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dream Lake.

08/07/2012 "Sorry, I can't wait another minute to start this book. I'm as excited as a kid at Christmas..." 1 comment
08/07/2012
10.0% "Oh boy... This is not a good narrator. I might need to switch to print ASAP!" 1 comment
08/12/2012
20.0% "The audio version of this very highly rated book is disgraceful! Narrator is a full out disaster..."

message 1: by Madu (new)

Madu You just use audiobooks?:-?

message 2: by Brittany B. (new) - added it

Brittany B. As much as I can. But if the narrator is bad, I read the Ebook. Sometimes I do both. My job has a but of a commute, so I listen to and from work, and read the rest. It depends.
Some don't like audio. Have you ever tried them? What do you think?

message 3: by Madu (new)

Madu I haven't tried but I don't really want to try :-? I think it ruins the charm of the book

Lynsey A I picked this one up from the library today! Can't wait to start reading this one.

message 5: by Brittany B. (last edited Aug 12, 2012 01:08AM) (new) - added it

Brittany B. Madu wrote: "I haven't tried but I don't really want to try :-? I think it ruins the charm of the book"

It depends on the book. But I definitely understand. My preference would be towards real books in my hands, but Ebooks are often what is easiest. I choose audio over Ebooks if I have the choice.

But sometimes the book looses more than charm in an audiobook. This is one of those time... :)

Lately I will do both: if I like a book, I will read it in print and listen to the audio. I am a part of a romance audiobook group, that does this to weed out the bad audio from the good.

There are undoubtedly some books thatbare much better in audio, believe it or not. But at the end of the day, I can only read as much as I do if I listen in audio much of the time.

message 6: by Madu (new)

Madu Maybe I'll give audiobooks a try when I'll want to re-read smth :D that way I will know if the audiobook is good for me or not

message 7: by Brittany B. (last edited Aug 12, 2012 04:18AM) (new) - added it

Brittany B. Madu wrote: "Maybe I'll give audiobooks a try when I'll want to re-read smth :D that way I will know if the audiobook is good for me or not"

I like the feel of the book in my hands though. I totally get that. I miss it...

have you read A Lady Awakened (Blackshear Family, #1) by Cecilia Grant? I loved it. My favorite HR this year. I recommend it to you, it's a little different from the ordinary HR.

message 8: by Brittany B. (last edited Aug 12, 2012 04:16AM) (new) - added it

Brittany B. Lynsey A wrote: "I picked this one up from the library today! Can't wait to start reading this one."

I am ordering the paperback, I made the mistake of trying it in audio, and it was a waste of $ and time. Awful audio.

But I've heard great things about this one!

message 9: by Madu (new)

Madu @ Brit
I haven't read it :D If you say that it is that good, I'll try to read it soon

Lynsey A Can't wait to read it, Brittany! It may be next weekend, though.

message 11: by Brittany B. (new) - added it

Brittany B. Madu wrote: "@ Brit
I haven't read it :D If you say that it is that good, I'll try to read it soon"

Oh I loved it, I recommended it to a few friends. No one has read it. Lol. When/if you do read it, I'll read it again with you... It's that good.