Kristin's Reviews > Easy Prey

Easy Prey by John Sandford

Aug 10, 12

bookshelves: audio-books, mystery
Read from July 26 to August 10, 2012

I really enjoyed this book, definitely on par with some of the first Davenport books. For once, Sandford didn't keep interjecting what the killer was doing. In fact, in the one and only spot where we had a 'look' at the murder's point-of-view, it felt out of place and incomplete. That glimpse could have been left out completely without any detriment to the plot. It was also a nice change of plot devise that there wasn't any huge shoot-out at the end.

My only other complaint was with the jacket description - the only thing the blurb got right was the house party and the murders. I really don't like misleading covers. Sets up a false impression of the book that is hard to dispel - I keep waiting for the thing on the jacket blurb to happen, which it never does, and I'm left feeling quite annoyed.

You'll have to read the book yourself to find out what I'm referring too. I can't say too much more about this one lest I give anything away. A nicely convoluted book that had me happy I was hitting red lights on my daily commute.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Easy Prey.