Clarissa's Reviews > Where Things Come Back

Where Things Come Back by John Corey Whaley

F 50x66
Aug 01, 12

Read in July, 2012

A number of things drew me to this book. I am pretty into birds, birdwatching, stories like that of the Ivory Billed Woodpecker, etc etc.

Also, the Printz Award... I generally read these books, and sometimes absolutely love them. sometimes, it's a bit more lukewarm. Printz Award loves: John Green: Abundance of Katherines; I Am the Messenger, Jellicoe Road, Vera Dietz, (some of these become our shared reads in EDU 330...)

then, the lukewarms: Stolen, Punkzilla..

not sure where this one stands. More with the lukewarm than with the loves, I think. I definitely liked it, was interested, curious. As always, am particularly curious and interested by the books that focus on or are narrated by teenage boys. We need these books and we need them to be good. This is of course something that I have liked about John Green - his ability to write about and from the perspective of the adolescent boy.

I liked the main character here, and there was a good storyline, and I wanted to know what was going to happen, but, somehow I am not walking away saying "wow". It was good, but not great... Glad I read it, but am left feeling a bit flat about it. No strong reaction either way. Hmmmm.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Where Things Come Back.