Lynn's Reviews > The Lady is a Vamp

The Lady is a Vamp by Lynsay Sands

Aug 01, 12

Read in July, 2012

Rating: 4 ½ stars

Jeanne Louise Argeneau was saying goodbye to Fred. Jeanie is a vampire and Fred is a human. She also comes across a kidnapper. His name is Paul and his daughter’s name is Livy, Olivia Jean Jones.

Almost immediately we fall in love with this newest Argeneau novel. Lynsay gets us totally engrossed in what’s going on with our three main characters. Then she does a 180 and we’re left saying “what?” But then she brings us right back on track. It leaves me hoping that Paul and Jeanne Louise make it.

I love Livy’s description as she references a New Line Cinema movie. You may want to check out The Little Vampire starring Jonathan Lipnicki and Rollo Weeks. Watch the trailer here: http://youtu.be/vzDOiGX8sys. If you like the trailer, check out the movie.

I’m reading one of Lynsay’s scenes between Paul and Jeanne Louise, then in my head I find myself saying “no, no, no!” I also have to wonder whose story is going to be next. Will it be Livy? Will it be Bricker? I searched Lynsay’s web site, http://www.lynsaysands.net/index.html, and couldn’t find any hints as to if there will be a book 18. If you haven’t read the whole series, now may be the time to catch up as we wait to see if she will continue the Argeneau series. This also has an implied HEA ending.

My review is short because I don’t want to give anything away. I also want you to experience this book for yourself. If you like this series, you will want to continue with this one. I also have some catching up to do. I need to go back and read both The Bite Before Christmas and Under a Vampire Moon.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Lady is a Vamp.