Natassja's Reviews > Entangled

Entangled by Cat Clarke

Jul 31, 12

bookshelves: asdfghjkl-books, books-that-made-me-cry

This was my second time reading a book by Cat Clarke. The first book I read from her, Torn, was great, so I decided to check out this one as well.
Now I must admit, I am sucker for your cliche "angsty teen girl going through/recovering from/trapped in a typical teenage drama" so I am biased. But this book was different. For once, you don't always completely side with the protagonist, Grace. At some points I felt like leaping into the book and giving her a good shake, and then at other points (especially at the end)I wanted to hug her. I found that both interesting and refreshing.

Another thing was the lack of typical stereotypes of people, all the characters had a bit of depth to them and didn't all fit into one "type" of personality.
I enjoyed the flashbacks between Grace's past and present, it gave you a chance to mull over where the story was heading, however I know some people would find it frustrating, especially in the more suspenseful parts.

I think the only negative for me, was that the ending really is staring at you right in the face, but it's still a shock, mainly because of how it comes to light.

I loved this book even more than Torn, it was highly emotional and covered a range of typical teenage issues without being to whingy or cliche. I would reccomend it to people who enjoy YA novels looking for something with a bit of depth and emotion.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Entangled.