Lina's Reviews > The Last Guardian

The Last Guardian by Eoin Colfer

Aug 02, 12

bookshelves: children-fantasy, fae-lit, favorites, for-fans-only, guilty-pleasure, sucky-ending
Read from July 31 to August 02, 2012

This book's biggest failure is that for the final book in the series, it concludes nothing. At first it has an interesting beginning with Opal trying to rule the world again, but as soon as the book takes off it turns into a meandering round-around in Fowl manor. Sure there are some fun moments and such, but it lacks a feeling of completeness. Not to mention I am sick to death of Opal as a villan and this book did her no favors. No one really looked good in this book. Artemis was painfully silly at certain points to a degree that made no sense with his previously established character. The Holly/Artemis relationship goes nowhere to the point that I wonder why Colfer made them a thing in the last two books. I mean those were not hints, those were giant shipping boulders.

In the end, I just do not think this book did a good job at wrapping up this series or had a fun enough story. I mean the Time Paradox and Atlantis Complex were very silly, absurd books, but they were fun. This had it's moments, but I never really connected to it the way I did with the previous two. While I was never a huge fan of the 5th Fowl book, that was a better series ending than this one. Still, it did not ruin my love for the series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Last Guardian.

07/31/2012 "omigod the last one T.T" 1 comment