Marissa's Reviews > Something Strange and Deadly

Something Strange and Deadly by Susan Dennard

Jul 31, 2012

Let me just say first, this was really well written! It felt like I was in the story, through the language, setting, described clothing, props/items; all of it gave me a glimpse of what it would be like to be in the 19th Century, the year 1876. The story itself was very creative and unpredictable, so you just never know where this story is going to turn. I really liked this story, the zombies; having it set in Philadelphia, in 1876; the mystery aspect, the characters, and a questionable Romance. Eleanor Fitt seems like a strong minded character and reading from her POV was just great; I liked that a lot, as we go along this uncertain journey with her. Other characters in the novel, including the mysterious Daniel Sheridan, was lovely to read, and he is one to watch out for :)
Throughout the story, there are unexpected turns of events, especially towards the end, oh my, towards the end! You will be shocked at what happens. Shocked. The ending immediately made me want to read the next book in this series, so I look forward to it!
3 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Something Strange and Deadly.