Maghon Thomas's Reviews > Changed

3382002
Sep 23, 12

bookshelves: fantasy, paranormal, to-read, review-4-author, young-adult
Read on August 04, 2012 — I own a copy

The first book starts with Tessa who works in a local diner, is in high school and is a normal girl, with a normal family-or so she thought. One day, while working in her diner, and her boyfriend being quite rude, a stranger walks in, and he is GORGEOUS! He’s sweet, and beautiful, and her boyfriend totally loses it just by her waiting on him. I will tell you right off, I was NOT a fan of her BF, but I WAS a fan of Jace. And I do really like her best friend, Rachel. So, that how she sees him. Then, Rachel and Tessa see him again at a store, and he wiggles a date out of her-this was actually funny. She feels terrible that she is attracted to Jace while dating someone else, but she can’t seem to help it.

Now, I like these characters. They are fun, and interesting, and Tessa doesn’t really figure out what Jace is til the almost end of the first book, which of course he is a werewolf. And wouldn’t you know that Tessa meets his EX who is a total piece of work, but beautiful, so Tessa doubts herself. I will tell you this doubt is believable because I don’t know a single teenager that isn’t unsure of herself. And as some strange things happen, Tessa becomes completely wrapped up in some crazy things.

By the second book, I was in shock of what was being asked of Tessa to keep Jace. I’m not sure if I would be able to do what she did. Most of her choices become drastic and crazy to me, but then again, I’m not in a supernatural world where I would have these choices to make in the first place. The second book is where you get to meet the “pack” and some of them I love, and some of them I want to strangle. I also completely feel sorry for Tessa’s family. At first, I was furious with her mother, but after some of those secrets come out, I completely understood why she made the choices she did.

I read both books in the matter of a few hours together, and I loved them. Werewolf life is complicated, which it always is, but sometimes, they are forced to make decisions I don’t think anyone should have to make. I hope I don’t anyways. This two book series was fun for me, and had me wishing that there were more than just two books. I want more. I am hoping that maybe one day there will be an addition to them

This series is well written, face paced, fun, sometimes funny, sometimes sad, and has some great teenage life lessons- like NEVER put up with a boyfriend who treats Tessa like her’s did. No person should have to be talked to like that. And I’m so glad she learned her lesson this time.

I’m so glad I opted to participate in this blog tour, as I almost didn’t. And then I wouldn’t have gotten to read these wonderful books! Thanks so much for that!! 4.5 PAWS!!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Changed.