Chrissy (The Every Free Chance Reader)'s Reviews > Breaking the Rules

Breaking the Rules by Cat Lavoie

Aug 13, 12

bookshelves: reviewed-on-blog
Read from July 31 to August 01, 2012

Did I enjoy this book: I did enjoy this book. It was a quick read and I didn't want to put my Kindle down. I read every free chance I had and finished the book in a day. It was a typical chick lit read that was fun.

Some parts of Breaking the Rules kind of reminded me of the Shopaholic series by Sophie Kinsella and Devil Wears Prada by Lauren Weisberger.

The characters were likable. I loved Roxy. She seemed like your average girl...not the super skinny, flawless beauty that so many heroines are depicted as. She loved to cook and eat! Her fiance, Ethan, on the other hand, seemed rather controlling and borderline abusive. I did not like him at all. Ollie was a great best friend for Roxy. They were perfect together. Lucas, the celebrity chef, was a nice extra character as was Greta, Roxy's bitchy boss. Roxy's sisters, Steffi and Izzie, were a trip. The three girls together made a great family...very different from one another but loved each other completely.

The story was kind of twisted in the end but it fits the story and the characters in a good way.

Would I recommend it: If you like chick lit, then, yes, I would recommend this book to you!

Will I read it again: I probably will not.

1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Breaking the Rules.