Anja Manning's Reviews > The Pearl Wars

The Pearl Wars by Nick  James

Jul 31, 12

bookshelves: ya-dystopias, 2012
Read in August, 2012

DO NOT READ THE BACK OF THE BOOK before reading the book! IT IS ONE HUGE SPOILER. I just read it after finishing the book and am very glad I didn't, since it allowed the story to unfold naturally, without anything being given away. That being said, READ THE BOOK! IT'S AMAZING!

I got this book from the library because I won its sequel in the First Reads Giveaway, and have made the experience that it's usually a good idea to read number 1 first.
This book is amazing. The plot is very well developed, and information is revealed at a good pace. The characters are very interesting and I could not put the book down.
The story goes a lot deeper than one might assume at the beginning, and now I cannot wait to read the next volume. Unfortunately it hasn't arrived yet, so it'll have to wait.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Pearl Wars.

Sarah LOL! I agree! Your warning came a little too late though, the blurb's just right on the top of this page. ^^

Anja Manning Oh No! To advertise this book it should really just say: "Read this. It's great." But I suppose that is not an option.
I would still write a description/recommendation that doesn't give away half the plot.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Maybe it sounds like spoiling to us because we know the ending. It's just the last sentence anyway, maybe. I rarely read all the blurbs anyway, I like to get totally surprised. For me a blurb is like Jeopardy, you read it you read it, the minute you know whether or not you want the book you stop reading it. And often I only read the first sentences or two.