Melissa's Reviews > The Seduction of Elliot McBride

The Seduction of Elliot McBride by Jennifer Ashley

Dec 31, 12

bookshelves: romantic-reads
Read on December 31, 2012

We've jumped tangentially with this one - skipping Inspector Fellowes (temporarily, I think, but he does put in an appearance) we jump across to Ainsley's brother Elliot (the one who was tortured in India) and a young lady we haven't met yet, Ainsley's school friend Juliana. Compared to the last book (The Duke's Perfect Wife this one has a much tighter plot and the backstories don't take odd twists (i.e. I didn't have to read sections multiple times to understand why Eleanor would have broken off with Hart the first time). There's a lot of simplicity to the story of a man who has gone through hell and back and gets extremely lucky in the fact that the woman he always loved gets dumped at the altar.

As for timeline, this takes place the summer before the novella A Mackenzie Family Christmas: The Perfect Gift so there are a few teeny spoilers in that novella (but the novella, while taking a good deal of time to go over each family and the children, completely skips over Priti and I find it odd that Elliot would leave her at Castle MacGregor while he and Juliana went to Kilmorgan for Christmas).

Apparently Daniel is up next (according to the teaser chapter) - while I find the prospect of goofy teenager Daniel taking center stage as one of the virile Mackenzie (there's a little icky factor at work) at least this one will jump six years in the future.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Seduction of Elliot McBride.