Susie's Reviews > Windfall

Windfall by Rachel Caine

Aug 06, 12

Recommended for: Anyone who like urban fantasy
Read in August, 2012, read count: 1

At first the "Interludes" kinda annoyed me, but when it got near the end and the reason for the interludes was clear, I appreciated that POV. It was unexpected and now I wish it was a little more in depth. I don't want to say too much and spoil it.

So far this series is great, it's action pack and fast moving. And within the parameters of the characters capabilities it is believable. Sometimes an author will make a foe too big and bad and have the heroes who are less powerful still be able to, IMO, easily overcome the bad guy. SO FAR that is not an issue in these books. The way she explains it makes it all more "real" and the good guys are not in any way invincible, they get hurt a lot and they have to make huge sacrifices in order to overcome it. So it doesn't always seem easy peasy. There are a few "get out of jail free cards" when there can be intervention from the Djinn but it is clearly within their capabilities and therefor not overly easy.

At the end of this book there was a HUGE crux, which is starting to seem like one of those "too big and bad" of a foe, but I will see how the Author handles this conflict. I hope I am not disappointed and this will be the too unbelievable conflict. So on to the next book!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Windfall.