Angela's Reviews > Dragon Age: The Silent Grove

Dragon Age by David Gaider

Jul 31, 12

bookshelves: ebooks, graphic-novels, first-reads, netgalley, read-2012, fantasy
Read in July, 2012

I requested this as my partner is quite obsessed with the game and although I haven't played it myself (I'm still in the throes of Fallout: New Vegas) I've always enjoyed watching him play this as the graphics, storyline and missions were all rather spectacular.

I was not disappointed by this graphic novel at all though I suspect if I had played the game I would have enjoyed and understood it a lot more.

The artwork was definitely a highlight for me, it was absolutely fantastic, and I will read the rest in this series based solely on the art. Storyline was also very good and consise, which, from the few(ish) other graphic novels I've read, I've come to the conclusion that this is by far one of the better written I have come across.

Although I only have the most basic of knowledge of the Dragon Age world, this graphic novel has more than persuaded me that I not only need to play the game but also to keep an eye on more releases by Gaider.

An advanced reader copy was kindly provided by the publisher through Netgalley.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dragon Age.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

SubterraneanCatalyst -Censorship is for the Weak Oh, I'm getting this whenever it's available. My Warden is IN LOVE with Alistair lol :)