Natalie (Natflix&Books)'s Reviews > The Enchanted Truth

The Enchanted Truth by Kym Petrie

Sep 07, 12

bookshelves: netgalley
Read in July, 2012

Um, this book was ok, I guess. It was sort of cute and made some good points about being true to oneself and how you have to love yourself first before you can love anybody else and whatever. But $15, really?! This "book" could have been 5 pages long and takes about 10 minutes to read. And really, even though it has a good moral, it's not like any girl/woman who reads it hasn't heard this all before. If it was part of a compilation of girl-power, modernized fairy-tales, that would be one thing, but there is just no way I can imagine anybody spending their hard earned money on something that is so expensive and unnecessary for one dinky little story that isn't even illustrated or that in some other way justifies the completely unnecassary 40 pages. Pretty lame and not even very original. Oh, I don't need a man to be a complete human being, I had no idea. Please, this isn't the 1850s or even the 1950s. This would maybe be ok for little girls--if it was illustrated and if a teenager or a woman needs this message spelled out for them, than this little book isn't the answer.

This review is based on an ARC of the book provided by NetGalley.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Enchanted Truth.