ReviewsByMolly's Reviews > Dust of My Wings

Dust of My Wings by Carrie Ann Ryan

Jul 31, 12

bookshelves: favorites

Holy. Sexy. Angel. Wings. That's all I've got to say about Carrie Ann Ryan's latest release! This book was incredible to the max, though I do have to be honest. After reading her Redwood Pack series, I just didn't have the nerve to start this book at first. You get used to an author writing about one type of subject, and sometimes the switch over isn't always the greatest. Well, Carrie Ann Ryan has gone above and beyond and has the extreme talent to write about multiple paranormal subjects (i.e. wolves, angels....) and come out on the top! But, I gotta say something here. I didn't like this book. Nope. Not one bit. It was too amazing to just like it. It's even better than the Redwood Pack and I will forever love this start to a new series!

Dust Of Wings, book 1 in Ryan's Dante's Circle series, is filled with one amazing plot line, characters that come to life, and passion that sets fire to the soul. Shade's character is beyond sexy and can I seriously get one of him, please? Shade's adorable from the start with his quirky mentality and really pulls the reader to the heart of the story. He's got a problem though; one that he's had since he was a kid (all those millenia ago, right?!). The council has brought it to his attention that he's leaving behind dust from his wings and a human has come across it. Now it's up to Shade to find the human woman, see what she knows and make sure no more dust is left behind. What he didn't expect was the sizzling attraction he feels for Lily. What's more, is someone's up to something, plotting to take Lily out, and the way his heart his feeling....well Shade won't let that happen.

Lily hates her life, for the most part. She's got an ex-fiance who doesn't believe in fidelity. She's got a boss who doesn't get the picture. Parents who have their own issues. And, well, frankly she just wants to find someone attractive to take her mind off things. When she meets a tall, dark amazing stranger, she can't help what she feels towards him. So, she takes a chance and agrees to go out with him. Meeting up at Dante's Bar for the date, she's not ready for what happens next. With a twist in the story, Lily starts to change. Things aren't what they seem and to top it off, she's loosing her heart to Shade. But, can he save her from what's happening now?

Reading this book was like watching an incredible new movie. Better than watching a movie, in fact. Each page turn brings humor, passionate characters (and some characters that aren't so passionate, for sure!) and leaves the reader with a satisfaction beyond words. Five Books does not come close to doing this book justice. From werewolves to angels, Ryan knows what her readers want and just how to deliver it! I am highly anxious to read more of Dante's Circle books, especially Ambrose's story! Now that's another sexy angel for another review.......oh and did I mention I adore the cover on this book? (Why are you still sitting there? Go grab a copy now! :)

*This review is based on a complimentary copy which was provided for an honest review*

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dust of My Wings.

Comments (showing 1-1)

dateUp_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Linda (new)

Linda Juliano You are great at writing reviews, Molly! Really! I just wish you'd post them on Amazon, too. I loved your review of my book as well! Thanks for doing what you do so well. ;) I might just check out this latest book reviewed by you. ;) Sounds interesting...and sexy!