Anita's Reviews > The Demon's Surrender

The Demon's Surrender by Sarah Rees Brennan

Feb 24, 13

bookshelves: library, angels-and-demons, young-adult-paranormal, urban-fantasy, young-adult
Read in February, 2013

This is the third book in a young adult paranormal trilogy. I think I gave each of the books 4 stars, but as a complete work, I'd give the series 5 stars. I was really impressed by how the author put so many clues in plain site but still managed to surprise me most of the time. I also really loved the characters, and I appreciated the happy ending. I'm very interested in checking out more by this author.

In this book, Alan has taken a mark from one of the leading magicians of the city and is being tortured by that magician to get at his brother, Nick. Sin notices and starts to fall for Alan, and Sin and Mae are in a contest to win the leadership of the Market. Lydie, Sin's half-sister, is a magician and is exposed during the book, causing Sin to be thrown out of the market and almost killed several times when the magicians kidnap Lydie. Jamie is undercover in the magician's circle but appears to have ventured a bit too close to the dark side. Eventually, someone important is possessed by demon, which is pretty much a death sentence.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Demon's Surrender.