Whitney Davidson's Reviews > Providence

Providence by Jamie McGuire

Aug 03, 12

Read from July 31 to August 01, 2012

I really liked this book. It was slow going and at times I wanted to scream my head off, but it was still good. The fact it was slow is what kept me from giving it five stars, and that was pretty much it. I really like Beautiful Disaster, and Jamie McGuire can write a book! So into this series I dove because once I start a series, unless it entirely sucks I can't stop until I am done. Nina, is lovely, rich, and recently lost her father. She was a daddy's girl, which is something I have never been. This book makes me miss that connection that I never have had with my own daddy. After her father's funeral she is of course distraught, and as she is sitting on a bench waiting for a bus, Jared walks into her life. Oh Jared....why can't all men be like you. I honestly think that I read these books so I can imagine what men could be like if the tried. Jared couldn't be any better as a man. Except for his constant need to keep things to himself, he is hot, caring, did I mention hot, and romantic. I will be honest my favorite character is a side character, and that would be Claire. Anyway, I am rambling. They meet, sparks fly, but Jared has a secret that keeps him at a distance. Eventually though he has to come clean. In the process Claire learns that her beloved father has kept some pretty important information from her. As much as I want to tell you more, I really can’t without giving important information away about the plot. The books description is pretty much all you are going to get about the book that doesn’t give anything important away. All I can tell you is to read the book. If you like fast paced books then you will probably be a little aggravated with the book, but it still good. In the end you won’t be left hanging too much, but you know there is a sequel, but there is an ending point. There isn’t an excessive amount of drama, but it is there. Overall a solid four out of five stars.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Providence.