T.W. Brown's Reviews > The Witch Is Back

The Witch Is Back by H.P. Mallory

Jul 31, 2012

Read on July 31, 2012

I found the first book in this series while browsing the Kindle free downloads. One of my guilty pleasures has been the offerings by Laurell K. Hamilton, Charlaine Harris, Mary Janice Davidson, and Kim Harrison. If my guy friends ever found out...they would ban me from all my fantasy football leagues and revoke my "guy" card. Still I liked what I saw in book one and quickly decided that I might actually have found somebody I liked enough to fill my void between Kim Harrison (my favorite of the bunch) releases.

I found that H.P. Mallory offered up a nice bunch of characters. What I liked most about the Jolie Wilkins character was that she wasn't some raving beauty or a Supernatural groupie hoping from bed to bed. This latest offering, The Witch is Back" offers up a "wrinkle in time" approach. I enjoyed it, but I felt that perhaps the "vulnerability" and self-doubt issues were overplayed at times. Now I admit that I am a guy and may be missing some of the elements, but Jolie got a touch needy and annoying at times in this offering in ways I thought were over-exaggerations of her character as I have come to know her.

Also, if there are plans to tell elements of the story from another angle...I think I would like to get to know Christa a little better. Overall, this is a mostly satisfying entry and offers up a nice, albeit short, read for a relaxing summer day.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Witch Is Back.

07/31/2012 page 368

Dana I don't think there is anything at all wring with you reading these authors, a good book is a good book, just because you are a guy doesn't mean you cannot also be intelligent enough to read a great book...good for you...of course I don't mean that men aren't smart, just that some (you, for instance) seem smarter than the average.

Sk_smh that's it your banded, lol

T.W. Brown Doh! And I will be pre-ordering her next release as well...so be prepared for another review from the guy's perspective.