Ann's Reviews > Seduction and Snacks

Seduction and Snacks by Tara Sivec

Aug 03, 2012

bookshelves: romance-comedy
Read in August, 2012

4.5 stars.This is probably the funniest bk I've read in a l-o-n-g time. I have a quirky sense of humor and this one did it for me. Over the top, witty, sexy,and fun with hilarious characters. So glad for all the rec's on this one. If you love romantic comedy you won't be disappointed. The couple H-Carter and h-Claire are perfect for each other. Both quick and witty, both a bit insecure, wild about each other, hilariously funny and together their steamy moments are HOT. I swear the author could be a standup comedian, would love to know if she's just as funny in person. Oh, but the star of the story here for me was loquacious little 4 yr old Gavin and his potty mouth. This bk should come with warnings: Drinking liquids and reading at the same time will result in choking with laughter. Beware of reading in crowds due to laugh out loud moments and potential to cry while laughing out loud. Laughing out loud at odd moments when thinking about a scene in this bk.

Some highlights:
Alternating H/h POV.
Drew and his t-shirts. You want to smack him but he's just dopey hilarious as the H's side kick friend.
Liz/Jim, the supportive, funny best friends.
Sexy, sexy, sweet Carter.
The romance between Claire/Carter - Both awwwww and ooooh sexy.
P.O.R.N. and TJ.
George, Claire's dad, the guy could rival De Niro.

Would have given this one 5 stars (ok, well I did only because there's no half) except it took a while to warm up. The first few chapters were a bit slow with all the back story and Claire's ramblings on motherhood but once the story picks up in present day it's off and running. Just a word of precaution, this bk is WAY over the top, it's full of crude, off color humor, so if that's your thing read on. If not, well....hey, lighten up and just read it anyway.

While I think this bk will be a tough act to follow, I look forward to whatever's next from this author.
6 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Seduction and Snacks.

Quotes Ann Liked

Tara Sivec
“If you two yentas are finished discussing Claire’s rabid who-ha, me and the boys would like to eat sometime this century."

"You and 'the boys?' You just met them today. Does the Ya Ya Brotherhood already have a secret handshake and a password?" Liz joked.”

Tara Sivec
“And let’s face it people, no one is ever honest with you about child birth. Not even your mother.       “It’s a pain you forget all about once you have that sweet little baby in your arms.”     Bullshit.   I CALL BULLSHIT.   Any friend, cousin, or nosey-ass stranger in the grocery store that tells you it’s not that bad is a lying sack of shit.   Your vagina is roughly the size of the girth of a penis.   It has to stretch and open andturn into a giant bat cave so the life-sucking human you’ve been growing for nine months can angrily claw its way out.   Who in their right mind would do that willingly?   You’re just walking along one day and think to yourself, “You know, I think it’s time I turn my vagina into an Arby’s Beef and Cheddar (minus the cheddar) and saddle myself down for a minimum of eighteen years to someone who will suck the soul and the will to live right out of my body so I’m a shell of the person I used to be and can’t get laid even if I pay for it.”

Tara Sivec
“I'm a quirky, intelligent, dark haired chick!   Me, me, me, pick me!   And who the hell keeps whining and ruining my perfect moment?   I will cut a bitch.”
Tara Sivec, Seduction and Snacks

Karla Great review Ann. I will steer clear of food and beverages when reading this, thanks for the warning.

message 2: by Ann (new) - rated it 5 stars