Jennifer Irving's Reviews > Her Loving Husband's Curse

Her Loving Husband's Curse by Meredith Allard

Aug 10, 12

Read from July 31 to August 09, 2012

First off, let me say that this book was phenomenal. It incorporates some of my favorite things: vampires, witches, and love.

The story centers around a modern day couple facing a big problem. He's a vampire. Throughout the book, you learn their history (and it's a long one) and finding each other again. You learn about events in James' (the vampire and hero) life over the last 340 years.

Throughout the novel, there are snippets from letters James had written to his deceased wife, and mostly centered around the US government's rounding up of Indians to be put on reservations and the "Trail of Tears." I particularly loved this part, because it incorporated real, historical fact into this novel. Fact that sets up the remainder of the book, and facts that we were never taught in school.

The book moves pretty fast, and I couldn't put it down. It was a testament to true love, and that love will find you wherever you are.

The only down-side to the book is the ending. After becoming to emotionally involved in this couple, I thought the ending wasn't very fair. Even on the last page, I kept waiting for the happy ending.

But a very enjoyable book that everyone should read!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Her Loving Husband's Curse.

08/04/2012 page 91