steph 's Reviews > A Little Mischief

A Little Mischief by Amelia Grey

Jul 31, 12

bookshelves: netgalley, books-read-in-2012, books-with-earls-dukes-viscounts, e-book, own, romance, romance-historical, romance-regency, mystery-fiction
Read on July 31, 2012 — I own a copy, read count: 1

3/5 stars.

This book was cute. Really, really cute. I wish I had better adjectives to describe it then that but I don’t because honestly, that is all this book needs. It’s not a hard or consuming or soul gripping read. It’s a light read, perfect for a summer afternoon or a rainy fall day or days when you feel like reading but you don’t want too much depth. There is a slight mystery (or rather, there is a young-Lady-standing-over-a-dead-man-and-when-said-young-Lady’s-brother-comes-to-see-what-sister’s-friend-was-talking-about-sees-no-dead-body-and-doesn’t-believe-said-friend/little-sister--but-that’s-ok-because-the-presumed-dead-man-shows-up-at-a-party-two-days-later-where-he-is-found-dead(again)-by-above-mentioned-young-Lady,-and-brother,-and-friend,-but-then-his-body-goes-missing-before-they-can-figure-out-what-to-do-and-now-we-have-a-classic-case-of-WHO-DONE-IT). And of course, there is the inevitable romance between the brother and female lead that while cute and fun, never falls into deep emotion depth or angst which I will admit, can be a blessed relief from some of the romance novels I usually tend to read.

The characters were good overall but a little flat at times. I thought Isabella was a bit immature and bounced between being a capable and independent woman to insecure and immature quite quickly. Daniel, at times, fared no better. I wasn’t very happy with the (view spoiler) but other than that this story was light and airy. I could see it, with a few tweaks, being made into a romcon movie because the mystery plotline was engaging and the romance fun and airy. Not the best I’ve read but certainly not the worst. I’d read more by this author.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Little Mischief.