Nicola Montague's Reviews > The Scarecrow Walks at Midnight

3020401
Jul 31, 12

bookshelves: favourites-of-2012, horror, kindle, read-in-2012, young-adult
Read on July 31, 2012

I mostly gave this book such a high rating due to my own history with it. Although anyone who knows me could tell you now that I am a HUGE horror fan, the scarier the better when I was younger I was...how to put this? A wuss. A major wuss. A complete cry baby. So who knows what I was thinking when I decided to get this book out from the library. Aged seven, tucked up in bed reading that night I read in fascinated horror unable to look away from the sense of dread (can one SEE a sense of dread?) anyway I was being very brave in my own opinion until.
The Scarecrow's nose twitched.
Its nose twitched.
TWITCHED!
Why a moving scarecrow was such a terrifying surprise to me in a book about scarecrows coming to life, I don't know but I threw the book to the other side of the room and ran downstairs crying my eyes out. When my mum got me calmed down enough she asked me why I kept reading if I was so scared and I answered in a small voice..."I wanted to know what happened next."
Now, 15 years later, I do know.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Scarecrow Walks at Midnight.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Justin (new)

Justin That is adorable! I've only read one Goosebumps book myself (I was a little old for them when they started coming out), but to this day I have a hard time looking at the cover of the one with the dummy. Those things are creepy.

Nicola Montague Justin wrote: "That is adorable! I've only read one Goosebumps book myself (I was a little old for them when they started coming out), but to this day I have a hard time looking at the cover of the one with the d..."

I still get teased about it, earlier my Dad asked if I was going to throw my kindle across the room!