Anthony's Reviews > Ultimate Spider-Man, Vol. 16: Deadpool

Ultimate Spider-Man, Vol. 16 by Brian Michael Bendis

Aug 07, 12

bookshelves: ultimate, spider-man
Read from August 05 to 07, 2012

This paperback is called 'Deadpool' and its worth noting that the Deadpool parts are not very good at all . I'm not a big fan of '616' Deadpool, but at least he's written as a quippy, comic relief character most of the time. Here, Bendis throws that out of the window. Also, he makes him a shape shifter. Sure, it's later mentioned that it might just be his costume or alteration to his facial muscles that allows him to do this, which doesn't make much sense either (comics, everybody). But Ultimate Deadpool is just... bad. It would have been better to just have him as the normal Deadpool, and then Bendis could have had him playing off the fact that everything's different. But no. If I was a Deadpool fan, I'd probably be offended. Since I'm not, it's just hard to care.

There's also two issues featuring Morbius the Living Vampire and I think Werewolf by Night. They're okay, they just seem too short, which is an unusual thing to say for a Bendis comic.

The Annual that closes out the book completely snuffs the Death of Jean DeWolff to the point were I'm wondering if there was any need for the character to begin with.

Out of 16 volumes, this is my least favourite and the first that I've not really cared for at all.

But there is a lot of Kitty Pryde. And she is awesome.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ultimate Spider-Man, Vol. 16.