PhobicPrerogative's Reviews > Forget You

Forget You by Jennifer Echols

Jul 31, 2012

it was ok
Read in July, 2012

Zoey wasn't an interesting or fascinating female protagonist, quite an irritating and slow-witted girl.

I wish this book had moved beyond her recalling the night of the accident. An exploration on the story about her mother, perhaps a confrontation with her father and/or Ashley...The entire concept of trying to remember one night wasn't all that intriguing for me - I read the book just to get it over with.

Doug was an impressive male lead, and I much preferred reading his dialogue over Zoey's. He was just the right amount of nice guy and bad boy that I look for in a male protagonist.

There were lapses in logic from our female character - she referred to Brandon as her 'boyfriend', even when she could barely remember the womanizer existed. He got mention far apart in the story but somehow, Zoey was still blinded by her 'boyfriend', even when they didn't speak for ages. I like female leads with a lot more common sense than Zoey possessed.

The sex bits in the story were above being YA as the book's genre, graphic as they were.
Zoey and Doug also had a fast romance, which made me quite skeptical as to their connection and "I love you's". The girl could barely remember saying it the first time and suddenly she was? I found it way too quick and unreal.

Cute cover, though.
3 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Forget You.