Cindy's Reviews > Odd Interlude #2

Odd Interlude #2 by Dean Koontz

Aug 16, 12

it was ok
bookshelves: e-book, horror, i-book, series
Read from July 25 to August 15, 2012

The iTunes version, not Kindle or Nook . . .

Ok, Dean - I love Odd, and I've enjoyed some of these prequels you released for other books so I thought for sure these 3 would be great. There I go thinking again . . . these are one story, published in three separately purchased volumes -so I'm feeling kind of ripped off about that. Then, to add to my feelings of being economically duped, Volume 2 - this volume - has at least three places where the text repeats itself for a page or two and then story leaps forward. (Does anyone know what/how to recourse that to get a complete ebook? If it was a real book, I'd go back to the store I bought it at. Sigh.) So, in spite of my love of Koontz's writing, and my appreciation for this character (I even read manga for this character) I don't like this prequel or side story, or whatever the heck it is.

I'm going to read volume 3 because - well, I already paid for it. And I'm going to hope it isn't missing big chunks of the story. Then I think I'm going to Koontz's interactive web site to tell him all this directly, because geez, I've been buying and reading his work for 30 years, and I don't like feeling ripped off and abused. Just be honest next time - call it a short story or novella or whatever, and charge for the entire thing. Don't sell me a chapter and call it a book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Odd Interlude #2.

Janall I have found the same thing- missing or repeated parts of the story. I was however able to retrieve and view the missing parts by switching my iPad from horizontal to vertical or visa versa. Like magic -the page reformatted and the missing pieces re- appear.

Cindy Huh, Janall - thanks! I usually lock the gyro function when I'm reading on the iPad. I'll try that next time I notice it happening.