Michelle's Paranormal Vault of Books's Reviews > Secrets of Ghosts

Secrets of Ghosts by Mardi Orlando

Mar 20, 14

bookshelves: owned-e-books, auth-req-read
Read in September, 2012

You can also find my reviewt at my book blog and other reviews and book related things., Michelle's Paranormal Vault of Books

This book really was intriguing, it’s got it all, Mystery, Danger, Fantasy, romance, and darkness too. It’s like several different types too, like science fiction, fantasy fictions, and mystery, with some paranormal thrown in. Certainly can keep your interest.
When reading I really felt like I got to know the characters too, its was beautifully written, and you can tell that Mardi did extensive research for the historical facts. Very impressive.

The plot never really slows down, and the characters come to life for you it seems. You can visualize every word they speak, and what expressions they make. I am not usually one to read a book with this much history type stuff in it, as it usually will bore me. But I really wasn’t. We do get some going from the present back to World War 1 and 2 days, but it’s done well.

The tragic stories of the ghosted children touch your heart. She does an amazing job in weaving a haunting tale between the ghosted children, the local town, and the seven teens. It turns into a haunting tale that keeps you interested.

Here is a quote that is very touching:

I don’t know how much the others have figured out but I am very worried for us. I know our time is running out. I don’t think we are supposed to stay here but we can’t leave or the Shadow will get us. None of us like the Shadow. I can tell that we are fading. When I look at everyone they are starting to look different and Bruises is almost gone. I know that if we fade before we are found we will never be able to go home. If we fade, we disappear forever as if we never existed. That is very dangerous for everyone, ghosted or not.

I do not want to give too much away, trying to keep this spoiler free as I can.

It really is a interesting book, and I highly recommend it. The writing is flawless, it really is. Mardi is amazing how she brings these characters to life.

I give it 5 out of 5 stars.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Secrets of Ghosts.