Callie Rose Tyler's Reviews > Ghostopolis

Aug 01, 2012

it was ok
bookshelves: comics
Read from July 30 to August 01, 2012

I was totally love this book until I got to the end and then it was completely ruined. I felt like the book should have been twice as long but the author got tired and just gave up.

First off I was totally in love with the Christian overtones that were arising with the creation of the afterlife and the character Joe representing God/Jesus, it was unexpecting and refreshing but then it was never mentioned again. It was the most interesting plot point and it was just left unfinished and forgotten. What a shame.

Secondly, the ending was very abrupt and made no sense. What is up with the time travel? Garth, the young lead meets his dead elderly son. How does that make any sense at all. The way Garth gets home is a total cop out, he imagines a doorway and walks through it. LAME.

Thirdly, it is never explained why Garth is so different, why he has such amazing power in the afterlife. I guess maybe it was supposed to be because he was sick and dying (aren't we all), but I was hoping it was more creative than that.

Lastly, it made no sense to me why a background character with no personality and menial skill was choosen to be the new lord of the Afterlife. Super disappointment.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ghostopolis.

Quotes Callie Liked

Doug TenNapel
“I know a lot of things about you, Garth...And I'm rooting for you anyways.”
Doug TenNapel, Ghostopolis