Sally Jones's Reviews > Sandstorm

Sandstorm by James Rollins

Jul 30, 2012

Read from July 31 to August 06, 2012

I like this book; it grew on me as I progressed. There were times when I was reminded of Dan Brown's, Da Vinci code as the scientists treked across the desert searching for clues to find the keys to the loss city of Ubar. Was the story a little forulaic? Love story - check, action - check, baddies - check, goodies - check, mystery - check, clues - check and so it goes on. I felt like the subject of anti matter has been done before. The author really started to pull me in when we got into the ancient history, culture and languages of Oman. I enjoyed his vision of the glass city and the description of the mysterious electrical forces there. I love how he tells the reader at the end of the story that the Omani flagship that his characters discover on a lake in Ubar is an actual ship and then apologises for blowing it up. Good sense of humour.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sandstorm.

08/03/2012 page 200
33.0% "It's readable. One of those books which keeps swapping between the views of the good side and the bad side and aims to keep you guessing as to which is which and what is really going on. The author tries to cover all his bases by incorporating a little bit of the male/female attraction and mystique along with action. Big roll of eyes!"