Rachel Loke's Reviews > Shadow and Bone

Aug 15, 12

bookshelves: may-jun-2012-releases
Read on August 15, 2012

Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shadow and Bone.

Quotes Rachel Liked

Leigh Bardugo
“Do you blame me for every mistake I made? For every girl I tumbled? For every dumb thing I've said? Because if we start running tallies on stupid, you know who's going to come out ahead.”
tags: mal

Leigh Bardugo
“I missed you every hour. And you know what the worst part was? It caught me completely by surprise. I'd catch myself just walking around to find you, not for any reason, just out of habit, because I'd seen something that I wanted to tell you about or because I wanted to hear your voice. And then I'd realize that you weren't there anymore, and every time, every single time, it was like having the wind knocked out of me. I've risked my life for you. I've walked half the length of Ravka for you, and I'd do it again and again and again just to be with you, just to starve with you and freeze with you and hear you complain about hard cheese every day. So don't tell me why we don't belong together," he said fiercely.”
tags: mal

Leigh Bardugo
“I'm sorry it took me so long to see you, Alina. But I see you now.”

Leigh Bardugo
“I'm not like you, Mal. I never really fit in the way you did. I never really belonged anywhere."
"You belonged with me.”

Leigh Bardugo
“Mal,"I whispered into the night.
"What?"
"Thanks for finding me."
"Always.”

message 1: by Melissa (new) - added it

Melissa Let me know about this one! :)

Rachel Loke Not too bad, has quite a bit of potential. But somehow reading Throne of Glass before this makes it pale in comparison.