Stephanie's Reviews > Summerland

F 50x66
Aug 05, 12

bookshelves: summer-2012
Read from July 30 to August 05, 2012

Four teenagers are involved in a car accident that leaves one of them dead, one in a coma, and the other two passengers survive with very minor injuries. This rocks the town of Nantucket because some of their best and brightest have been forever impacted by this accident. The two who were most affected were twins. It leaves many of the parents and teenagers wondering what caused the accident and how long would it take for everyone to begin to recover from the physical and emotional damage. I have not read any of Elin Hilderbrand's other novels, but she was recommended to me. I thought how the story was told was unique because it was broken up into sections but not chapters. It really allowed for everyone's perspective to be included without it becoming confusing. I think this novel would appeal to both teenagers and adults because of the different ages of the characters and the numerous different situations they face. There was a lot of truth to this novel, and it was a well-rounded account of a number of problems. I would recommend this book, and I am looking forward to her next novel.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Summerland.