Ornella (Nyx)'s Reviews > Samurai Awakening:

Aug 03, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: arcs, stand-alone
Read from July 31 to August 03, 2012

3.5 Stars - Don't know if to round up or down yet.

I am still not quite sure how to rate this one. The book was good. The background story, the setting was all very well developed. The characters were all very nicely fleshed out as well, and they all grow throughout the book. My problem with this one was that I just couldn't connect with the MC. He was younger than I thought and the third person view always made it kind of awkward for me to be able to get into the book. It was more like I was being told what happened than actually seeing it happen. Also, most of the book was the adapting and training of David with the Japanese culture and his new status as a Samurai.

Even with all that the book wasn't actually bad, it was really well thoughout, and there were surprises by the end. I especially loved (view spoiler)

For all of you guys that can stay away from spoilers, I STRONGLY suggest you don't click on that one unless you want to know all the twists in the book.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Samurai Awakening.

07/31/2012
17.0% "Strange..."
07/31/2012
31.0% "Now we are getting somewhere!" 4 comments

Benjamin Martin Thanks for picking up SA! Hope you enjoy it

message 2: by Deniz (new)

Deniz oh oh! Ornella, tell me how it is! its sounds really good

Katy LOL, you haven't finished it either? I got distracted with all our reading assignments. Will hopefully finish today.

message 4: by Deniz (new)

Deniz Katy wrote: "LOL, you haven't finished it either? I got distracted with all our reading assignments. Will hopefully finish today."

darn guys i am WAITING here!! tell me how it is!!

Ornella (Nyx) I have been having too much uni work D: Haven´t had time.

Katy I finally finished it.

Benjamin Martin Thank you for taking the time to read and review Samurai Awakening! I'm glad you found a few things to fall in love with!