Michelle Robinson's Reviews > Savannah Blues

Savannah Blues by Mary Kay Andrews

Jul 30, 2012

bookshelves: audiobook-listened, mystery-thriller
Read from July 30 to August 01, 2012

Okay, I love Weezie and her mother. I love Uncle James. This was a great novel. The best I have listened to in quite a while. I am glad that I found Mary Kay Andrews. I will be at the library as soon as possible to get the next in the series.

I like that the murder mystery was not the focal point of the novel. I haven't read a book quite like this. It's fun to see the murder as a part of the whole story. Totally enjoyable.

I am waiting to see what happens to Tal.

I am still happy, happy, happy that Caroline died as mean as that may be.

All of these people felt so real. They were people I could know Andrews did so well.

These are my updates while I was reading:
I really like this author. I was browsing through the audiobooks and decided to give her a try. I don't care for everything Weezie does but it makes sense in the context of Weezie and her divorce.

I have to say, I was glad glad glad when Caroline died. Other women that glory in the pain they and the husband cause families and the wives really anger me.

What I really enjoy about this author is hearing about Savannah's landmarks that I am familiar with. That adds something extra and wonderful for me.

I get frustrated with Caroline, at times, but I like her as a person. I am looking forward to seeing how this resolves. I am impatient, narrators never read as fast as I would like them to when the book is good.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Savannah Blues.

07/31/2012 "OHH I'm scared for James he is running around willy nilly. Please don't get killed!!!!!! If this wasn't an audiobook I would be reading ahead as fast as I could."
07/31/2012 "Oh no Uncle James!"
07/31/2012 "Ok, I liked this book more before the end. I'm a title disgusted and frustrated."