Lexi's Reviews > Gone with the Wind

Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell

Jul 17, 14

Read in May, 2009

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Gone with the Wind.

Quotes Lexi Liked

Margaret Mitchell
“Sir,"she said,"you are no gentleman!"

An apt observation,"he answered airily."And, you, Miss, are no lady.”
Margaret Mitchell, Gone with the Wind

Margaret Mitchell
“My dear, I don't give a damn.”
Margaret Mitchell, Gone with the Wind

04/16/2009 page 4
04/26/2009 page 174
16.78% "i want rhett to be in the book NOW!"
05/05/2009 page 291
28.06% "my friends and i strated wathing the movie. its really good also!
:)"
05/06/2009 page 343
33.08% "o my goodness gosh....i love this book!"
05/08/2009 page 464
44.74% "when is rhett coming back into the story?? *sigh*"
05/12/2009 page 618
59.59% "this is scarlett now: O
this is scarlett when im finished w/ her: ."
05/13/2009 page 657
63.36% "this is scarlett now: O
this is scarlett when im finished w/ her: ."
05/14/2009 page 715
68.95% "i love will"
05/16/2009 page 812
78.3% "almost done!!! (well...sorta)"
05/17/2009 page 852
82.16% "***SPOILER***
yay!!! she FINALLY married rhett!!!! :)"
show 11 hidden updates…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dumpster Baby (new)

Dumpster Baby You're reading the classics now, damn girl!

Lexi lol :)
a whole group of my friends at school r reading classics. we read jane eyre & watched the movie, then rebecca (read the book and watched the movie), and now were on gone w/ the wind

message 3: by Dumpster Baby (new)

Dumpster Baby 1. May I suggest Splendor In The Grass Splendor in the Grass, by William Inge, F. Andrew Leslie, If you dont cry like a ittle girl at how this love stoy unfolds, than you must not be human. Then watch the movie Warren Beatty is a FOX in the old days!!!(And not to sound like your mothers, but it sends a great message to young woman that are hanging on th their virginities.) Ok Im done with that..

2. Brave New World by Aldous Huxley, not really ooey gooey love story romance, but def a must read about the stranger things in life.

3 As is 1984 by George Orwell, although there is a love story it's in the middle of controlled insane government, The Thought Police, uniforms with saches, no laughing, nothing, and their relationship is VERY dangerous!

4.The Great Gatsby, by F. Scott Fitzgereald
Last time I read it (read it at least 4 times, I find somthing new.

5. Wuthering Heights, by Emelie Bronstein, classic love and passionate novel with some wild twists!

6. And last but def not least is my personal favorite from school days East of Eden, by John Steingback. If you want to read about scandal scandal scandal, I just love that Kate, all friggin 10 of her! I think you may have aready read this, though.

Happy "Word Nerding!" Lemme know what you and your pals think, im sorry if in advance they are dissapointed, the can send me the book. ;)

Lexi lol that sounds EXACTLY like my mom...cuz my family is really strong w/ our religion (were christian). i have a purity ring & everything :)

thanx for the reccomendations!