Emily Madill's Reviews > Day After Night

Day After Night by Anita Diamant

Jul 30, 12

Read in January, 2008

I love a book that captures my attention within the first few pages. The kind of book I set down only to find I’m daydreaming where the storyline will take me next and eager to find time to pick it back up.Anita Diamant's 'Day After Night' was this type of book - I was hooked after the first page.In addition to a captivating storyline that was very well written, it is based on a true story (a feature I’m always drawn to).
Anita Diamant did a tremendous job of weaving a story of four distinct women who found salvation through friendship amidst tragedy and uncertainty of what the future held in a new country.Her tale is a testament to the resilience and strength of women and humankind.
Anita Diamant is one of my most favorite authors. I had no trouble finding ‘Day After Night’ - it's a New York Times Bestseller and available at major bookstores and Amazon. If you are looking for a book you can easily escape into, one that provides you with a dramatic and close up view of an unforgettable time in history – then this book is for you. I read this book awhile ago as a pick from a book club I belong to and I think I may just reread it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Day After Night.