Baba ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter's Reviews > The British Devil

The British Devil by Greg Hogben

Jul 30, 2012

bookshelves: m-m, male-authors, five-star-reads
Read from August 01 to 03, 2012

3.5 stars.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The British Devil.

08/01/2012
0.0% " Photobucket
I hope this one won't be tedious. 6,12 EUR for a book is ok if this one will be a great read." 8 comments
08/02/2012
41.0% "I *think* this book is more than slightly autobiographic. I suppose this will be a clean read. Meaning, when Baba keeps reading a clean book, then it has to be darn good. Excellent writing. Very thought-provoking, evocative, witty. A story with depth and substance. Even funny. As far as I can judge I'd say highly religious readers won't be delighted with this book though."
08/02/2012
65.0% ""Thanks, Mrs. Taylor!" I said, holding my voice in jest. "Perhaps one day we'll be able to afford to buy you some manners. I am British, so I'm lucky enough to have them taught to me for free." What a mean, mean, mean and hypocritical b*tch! I.N.C.R.E.D.I.B.L.E. My verdict: rejected. I mean Danny's mother. The book is excellent!" 2 comments
08/03/2012
81.0% " Photobucket
Frankly, I'm a little bit surprised how much I love this book because it's a sex-free zone after all. I really like how many subjects the author is covering with this story. Very interesting." 2 comments

message 2: by Karla (new)

Karla Nicely done Baba! Sounds like the book gives the reader a lot to think about.

message 3: by Kristen (new)

Kristen I'm glad this one worked out so well for you, Baba. Nicely said already but I look forward to your full review.

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter Karla wrote: "Nicely done Baba! Sounds like the book gives the reader a lot to think about."

Thanks, Karla. Yes, it was a thought-provoking read. Really well done.

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter Anna wrote: "Great review Baba! It seems like a very interesting book :)"

Thanks, Anna. Well, it was not my usual m-m read but sometimes it's good to read something different. I really enjoyed it!

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter Kristen wrote: "I'm glad this one worked out so well for you, Baba. Nicely said already but I look forward to your full review."

Thanks, Kristen. I'm pretty glad myself. LOL It was a very good read.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Awesome review, Baba!

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter Lazy_jeff wrote: "Awesome review, Baba!"

Thanks, Lazy!

message 9: by KatLynne (new)

KatLynne This sounds like a very thought provoking read. I'm glad it worked for you Babs with all the issues it covered. Great review!

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter KatLynne wrote: "This sounds like a very thought provoking read. I'm glad it worked for you Babs with all the issues it covered. Great review!"

Thanks, KatLynne! Some parts I loved and are very funny and some parts are pretty disturbing. Overall it was a very thoughtful and thought-provoking read and I enjoyed it a lot.