Romancing the Book's Reviews > Lucky in Love

Read in May, 2012

Posted on Romancing the Books blog
Reviewed by JoAnne
Review Copy Provided by the Publisher

Book four in the Lucky Harbor series doesn’t disappoint except that the characters we’ve grown to love in the first three books in the series are only mentioned in passing and not really part of the storyline.

Lucky in Love drew me in from the first page to the last but I was really hoping for a few more chapters because there was much more story to tell even though there is closure and a happily ever after. There is immediate chemistry and caring between Mallory and Ty although neither one wants to admit it and they both are struggling not to let the other know how they feel. They “get” each other and understand each other and it’s probably the first time in their life for each of them to have someone care for them this way. Their romance, very hot and steamy at times and other times oh so gentle, tugged at your heartstrings. There was also angst, tears, laughter, family and friends along with a town we’ve grown to love and there was a smile very often on my face throughout.

Shalvis has become one of my favorite authors and I look forward to reading other books in the series. The next two books both had excerpts from them at the end of this story and really whet my appetite for more. If you haven’t read books by this author before, give her a try. Also, try to visit Lucky Harbor – you’ll be glad you did.

Favorite Quote: …Chalk it up to the panic now residing in his hollow gut. Whatever he did here, whatever he came up with, he needed her to want to keep her distance. Except Mallory Quinn was incapable of distance when her heart was involved. That was both painfully attractive and terrifying. “Don’t fall for me, Mallory. That wouldn’t be good for either of us. We’re too different, you said so yourself.”

She sucked in a breath like he’d slapped her. “And what, you and Frances are alike? Compatible?”

“Unfortunately, yes.”

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lucky in Love.