Morgan's Reviews > You Are the Love of My Life

You Are the Love of My Life by Susan Richards Shreve

U_50x66
Apr 09, 14

Read in August, 2012

The theme of ‘the truth will set you free’ circulates throughout this book – unfortunately, I felt that Lucy Painter couldn’t be set free quite fast enough. There are political references that circulate throughout the book but the larger focus is on the relationships in Lucy’s life, a story in which truth and lies sometimes become indistinguishable. The plot was interesting and kept me reading until the end but I often found myself wanting to know more about the characters and what was behind their decision making. While many of the relationships seemed somewhat relatable, I felt the characters could have had more depth.

I hadn’t read anything written by Susan Richards Shreve prior to You Are the Love of My Life, and I found this book to be a quick easy read. Though I wanted more from this story, I would likely read another book by Susan Richards Shreve in the future as I like her style of writing and the different perspectives offered throughout the book.

I received a copy of this book free through the Goodreads First Reads giveaway.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read You Are the Love of My Life.