Natalie E. Ramm's Reviews > Breed

Breed by Chase Novak

Aug 14, 12

Read from July 30 to 31, 2012

A wealthy couple in New York City seem to have everything they could ever want except what they want most. After various fertility treatments, doctor’s visits, and even surgery, the couple is about to give up on their dream of having children.

But before they can totally give up, they run into some old acquaintances who tell them about a controversial procedure. The couple takes a chance and they get not one but twins! However, they pay a terrible price for their dream.

Breed is part Sci-Fi, part Horror/Thriller. I enjoyed reading it on the plane on my way home for my bestie‘s wedding. Nonetheless, if I weren’t stuck on a flight for 2.5 hours, I might not of finished it. Mostly because horror just isn’t my thing. I’m still not sure why I picked this up at BEA. But if you like horror, this is the book for you! According to Steven King, it’s the best horror book in the last 30 years.

This book kept me on my toes and was definitely a page turner. The fertility methods were super creepy and the violence in Breed is only for those with a steel stomach. I had to close the book and make an effort to breath after some gruesome scenes. I don’t want to say much more for fear of spoiling it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Breed.