Jelsa Mepsey's Reviews > Fat Kid Rules the World

Fat Kid Rules the World by K.L. Going

Jul 30, 2012

Read from July 30 to 31, 2012

The characters in this book were extremely well developed and very engaging to read about. The storyline was enjoyable, and everything was very realistic. I loved Curt and felt like I could understand and relate to him even though he wasn't the main character. The length was perfect, and the only minor complaints I really have are the occasional awkward phrase here or there. On the whole, however, this was a very polished novel that certainly redeemed my hope for Young Adult general fiction novels.
This is actually the second time I picked up this book. The first time I had to return it to the library before it was overdue and I didn't even get that far although I had a decent amount of time to finish it. But the further I got into the book, the more I enjoyed it. The ending was a bit vague and a little bit difficult to understand, but not impossible; it's better than most endings that I've read recently so I didn't dock points for that. And Curt's music! I just wish I could listen to it so I could hear better in my head what he actually sounds like.
Yes, it's an older novel, but don't let that fool you. It's different on many levels, and I would definitely recommend this for a quick read if anyone was bored.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fat Kid Rules the World.

07/30/2012 page 69